Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspiration

Did I mention that BAD is definately going to be a long term project?  He's maybe a quarter of the way done with his second layer of roaning, I'm now starting to refine the hairs.  I still have no idea if I'm on the right track yet.  He is looking kinda crazy, so as well as having my ref photos up, I have up a photo of my inspiration.  Definately click to enlarge this one.



















Beautiful, right?  The uber talented Liz Shaw of Tick Tock Studio was the creator of this work of art.  You should also be sure to visit her blog post about her technique too.  : )  The paintjob was done on an Ebrel Rosita resin, more photos of the finished piece can be seen here.  It was the above photo posted on Blab that inspired me to paint BAD to a roan, a decision I haven't started regretting yet.  Lol.  Obviously BAD has a long way to go before he looks anything like Liz's amazing finishwork.

















Need smaller brushstrokes!  I'll have to go back and refine some more, but hopefully he's on his way?  Maybe I shouldn't have picked a funny base color to be under my first roan.
























And now I'm gonna go work some more on him while I'm waiting for other things to dry.  Oh, and starting tomorrow I'm going to start a series of posts that walk you through a simple custom, from conception to completion.  I hope that someone finds them helpful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, made my eyes cross just thinking about doing that kind of custom! Is he a sales piece? He's looking beautiful!

Notturna said...

He's going to be awesome! Keep up the good work :)

Ailanreanter said...

Wow, I admire you for your patience! He will look wonderful, when finished.

Heather said...

Thank you very much ladies! I hope he turns out as nice as I want him too. I son't plan on him being for sale when completed if I can help it but I may take on this color again when open up commissions eventually. :)