Thursday, April 18, 2013

Two Transformations - Part 2

Let's just forget the face that I can't count days to save my life.  It's tomorrow right?  :D

Here is my second victim....err...project!  Same as the first guy from yesterday's (ish) post, he was also originally for Blab's stablemate custom challenge.  He is currently even less done than the other!

He started life as a red roan...

And swiftly fell to pieces

This is way to much fun to be legal  XD

Reattach the important parts...

And I shall call him Stumpy
More wire since I lost the legs...

What?  Those are someone else's legs, I swear!

Taking a break, it's difficult pulling yourself back together!

Shifu the stalker

And finally getting ready to jump!  Shifu lends a helping head, err, hand.  No, head.

So lots of work left to be done on this guy.  Finishing the neck, adding muscles to the shoulders and haunches, legs (only semi important right?), he will be getting a totally new face, ears, mane and tail- braided of course, and then he'll be topped off in a luscious bay with a little bit of chrome.  The perfect A rated 4-foot hunter.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Two Transformations - Part 1

In my last post I said I had things I couldn't share yet.  These two pieces were supposed to be for Blab's Stablemate Custom Challenge, but with the end days away there is no way they are getting finished in time.  So now I can show them!  Yay!

The challenge was to start with a selected mold, this time Breyer's G3 Cantering Warmblood, and make it into something else.  This could be with just a paint job, a simple custom (just mane and tail changes), drastic custom (anything beyond many and tail) or a fantasy piece (divided into repaint and custom).  And there were two categories amateur and professional.  I don't know what I would have gone into.

Regardless, I started with just the one piece  and he had no idea what was coming.

So first you cut up the pieces...

Then you rearrange them...

Hmmm, this looks wrong maybe.

Lengthen the back...

Using the head as a guide.  

"I feel funny... and really short."
Reattach the head...

"Yay!  I don't see the underside of my feet anymore!"

Fill in some holes, make a base for the neck, and make a few leg tweaks...

 Add muscle to the neck!

Change the legs some more and sand...

and sand...

and sand...  ack too much!

Around this time is when I got a second idea that just had to be done so I got another body!  A comparison of the changes so far compared to the original.

 Ok, time to put some muscle back on!  This is where he is at right now.  He still needs his legs to be finished, chest muscles added, the right haunch is going to be resculpted, feets, face, ears, details, wrinkles, mane, tail, ears....  And to top it off more sanding!

I haven't decided on a color yet.  He is definitely going to be fore sale once completed, so I might offer him unpainted too.  I'm going to give the second guy his own post as this one has gotten very long!  Until tomorrow!