Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fighting Mediocrity

Ever have one of those days where you just want to chuck whatever you are working on across the room and hope it hits a wall?  Yeah, I'm having one of those.  BAD is still too wet to put another layer on, so I prepped two mini resins today and wanted to try and finish prepping Terrang (yes, still).  Terrang is that model in my studio apparently.  The one that no matter how many times you go over him and fill things in or level out bumps, there are always more.  I'm continually temped to just say 'screw it' and start painting but I don't want the first piece I complete to have serious flaws.  This is where my penchant for working messy drives the perfectionist in me nuts when I have to go back and clean it up.

Don't you look at me like that, that's cheating.

No comments: