Friday, March 18, 2011

Big BAD Sleepless Night

*Note to self and warning to others - do not attempt to do a hair by hair roaning on a trad in one sitting*

In other news, BAD is a magical color changing horse apparently, one minute he's bay, next he's white, then he's bay again, now he's somewhere in the middle.  This seems like a silly way to go about things, but I'll find out (way) later if it was worth it.

White BAD (super thin wash of Titanium white/Pearl Ex interferance gold pigment mix) 





















Next I went back and roughly "hair by hair" his basecoat color back in.  It was around 1:30AM when I finished this part.  And look, it's BAD's other side!  XD





















Then while that paint layer was still "tacky" I went back again with my white mixture and did another rough layer of roaning.  Around 4 AM I was done with him and seeing crosseyed.





































And a close up for the curious.  Only 20 or so layers left! 




















I had some painting companions as well.  I bet they wished they had slept in the hall last night instead.  Lol
Turn off the light mom, it's waaay past bedtime!





















And now I'm off to the barn to play with real ponies.  : )  What a gorgeous day out!

No comments: