Saturday, August 6, 2011

Plans for a Quickie

They never end up as quick as planned, do they.  I've been spending a lot of time on my long time project and when you spend so much time together, hacking limbs over and over, well, you need a break! (holy commas batman!) 

Now, as I've said in another post I have a fairly alarming number of projects and bodies.  At least in my opinion.  I've recently re-organized and put away bodies that weren't yet projects (aka still intact,  lol) and just have the resins and most worked on pieces out.  The only exceptions to this purge was my small hoard of stablemates.

Enter "the quickie." 

So.  I've had this one picture saved on my computer for a number of years...


Photo from google search

and apparently had a G1 Saddlebred in my pile of SMs...


Photo from identifyyourbreyer.com

And thought, "that'll be quick and easy! I can probably knock that out in a day or two!"





       Five days later.


Seriously?  I thought I could do something simple?


What began as a quick heat and bend with a new hair do has turned into an all out redo to "better match the referance."  I don't know if I should shoot my brain or thank it for not wanting to turn out less that stellar work.  Of course as anyone who's been following this blog and knows how to count know exactly how many models I've finished thanks to this thought process.  One.

Should I even bother setting a 'finish by' date for this guy?  Probably not. 

No comments: