Friday, August 12, 2011

Test Subject - 65 days

I'm trying to be good and be productive, especially seeing as I unearthed another resin I wanted to have done for the show.  Eek!

Bad Smittyn.

So, seeing as I'd rather not break out the epoxy today, I broke out the paints instead.  And  as Vertical Limit is the only model fully prepped and ready to paint at the moment (the others need some final prepping and a coat of primer) I figured he would be the best place to start.


He doesn't look quite as splotchy in real life.


Which meant that I needed to work on my little test subject first.  Doesn't he just look... awful.  XP  Chestnut and I do not get along at all.  But seeing as this was just for me to get my acrylic base colors decent, I guess I can't complain too much.  Now to find out if I am brave enough to lay the base coat on VL himself or if I will chicken out and keep prepping horses. 

No comments: