Thursday, August 11, 2011

Countdown - 66 days

No, not unil the end of the world.  That's in 71 days if you believe that one guy.  FYI - I don't.

Back to the original topic - in sixty six days I have my first model horse show in two years!  YAY!  My two friends and I are heading to Harrisburg, PA to go to Intermediarie and Intersport Live.  I'm really looking foward to it but right now my show string is pretty sad.  As such, I'm hoping to finish up some customs and resins in time for the show so my string is... less pathetic.  Hoping being the operative word. 

So, I'm sharing my plans here so that I can have other people bother me to get things done as well!  (I'm looking at you my 30 watchers!)  (Wait, 30 watchers? when did that happen?!  YAY!  I love you guys!)

Here are the models I'd really like to get done in time.  I'm already looking at this list and thinking I am insane.

Paint the custom Dainty Darcy resin...


Yes, I missed my original deadline like whoa.

Paint up the Terrang CM as he didn't sell...

Now I really need to decide on a color.  Bay?

Paint up my Vertical Limit...

Om nom nom

But before I try my hand at the big man himself, I need to do a practice piece...

That needs a strip job... heh

I'm also hoping to paint up my Dinky Duke


Somebody lost an ear.  Darn it.
And maybe finish and paint up the stablemate ASB CM, though I was originally thinking of selling him/her unpainted...

Yes, he/she still looks the same as last time.  D'oh!

As if those weren't enough, I would really like to finish up my rearing Wixom


Yep, she still stands on her own!  And is still obscenely large!

Aaaaaand I'd love to get my jumper as close to done as possible so that I can get some feedback on him in person.

I finally think I've got those legs sorted out!

Phew!  Do you think I put enough on my plate?  It wouldn't be so bad if between the show and now I  wasn't also planning on sewing up an outfit for the Ren Faire in New York, trying to get decent at sphere play for said Ren Faire, possibly volunteering at a local horse rescue, and moving my horse to a new barn.

Somebody shoot me now.  Or beat me until I get it all done.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Not that you really need it, they all look pretty darn good for works in progress.

Last Alliance Studios said...

How on earth does that Wixom stay up?! O_O
I can't believe that Terrang didn't sell either - such lovely resculpting!

Anonymous said...

Yes on the bay- he'll be delicious! And WOW I loooove that Wixom. Fantastic job- I just hope you can keep her balanced when you add a tail!

Heather said...

Anon. - Thank you! I'm glad that they don't look as bad as I think they do. Lol

LAS - Magic! Obviously! Honestly, I'm not even sure how she still stays up with so much epoxy on her. As for the Terrang, I need to learn not to list things the week before Breyerfest. I do that every year. D'oh!

Shoestring - Bay it is! Yummy dark golden dappley bay? XD Thank you on the Wixom! I hope she still balances after she's done too, but I have an alternate plan if she doesn't.