Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grinding to a Halt

My model show plans have currently come to a complete standstill.  I was hoping to attened Intermediarie and Intersport Live out in Harriburg, Pa in October.  In between waiting for models to dry I've been looking up the class list and working on assigning things.  Everything was going smooth, one or two models in most classes when I got down to the halter classes.  Original finish, tons of options.  Customs, considerably less choices.  Artist resin?  I'm screwed.  Most of the models I wanted to finish for the show are resins.  And nearly all of them show in the "light breed" classes.  With a max of two horses per class, this puts me in a serious pickle.  I have six "light" breeds.  Four of which I was using in performance.

Now, I have a very limited show string (typically under 20 horses) so when I do go to a show, I want to put horses in as many classes as possible.  Much as I hate to say it, this show already put a limit on my classes by not allowing cross entering between english and western divisions.  But by having such a severely limited custom and artist resin halter division, it's no longer financially worth it for me to attend. 

Bummer.  I was really looking foward to my first show in two years.  I'll just have to keep a vigil on the NAMSHA website to find anoter relatively close one for the future.


Fat Ratties make everything better.  In case you were wondering, these two weigh over a pound each now.


Brotherly Rattie love.  Awwww.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad- and I was really enjoying you many countdown posts. BUT that is a very wise decision. Live shows take a lot of time and work and money and energy and it's obviously not going to be worth it in this case. But now you have enough time to get all those resins done without rushing, right?

Braymere said...

I was also enjoying the countdown series. I'm not sure why the showholder has made their classlist so restricted. I can understand class limits in some circumstances, but I don't see why it would be necessary in resin halter.

Do you still want all the "orange" tack?

Heather said...

shoestring - I may still be rushing! It looks like I might be going to the show, my friend who is also going game me a verbal beating, I mean some encouragment and a little bit of help to get this all done. I think it just might turn out alright. Now I just need to get back into the swing of working on things for the show. :)

Braymere - I contacted the show holder and I still don't entirely understand either, but apparently the time allotted for both shows to run on the same day meant that cuts had to be made in certain sections. I'm still not thrilled with the class list, but I've been beaten into going anyway. That's alright, I'll just torture my friend by giving her tack so she has to enter performance. That sounds fair to me. Hahaha.

And yes I definately want the orange tack regardless if I was going or not! Please. XD