Monday, August 15, 2011

Shades of Bay - 62 days

After a super slow start this morning and afternoon with an appointment, being a chauffeur, readin and re reading the instructions for the Ren Faire dress pattern (it came today, yay!!!!!), and looking for 46 buttons for said dress (which I failed in finding), I finally was able to get some paint on Smittyn and Darcy/Simba.  Both of them were only basecoated in acrylics, too late to pull out the oils.


Somebody needs some shading.
 


I must say that I've been using Carol Williams book for my oil painting and she really does have the formulas spot on.  If it wasn't for her book, Smittyn would just be a dark bay instead of a rose grey.  Make that will be a rose grey, right now she's a mess.  But the colors are pretty.  XD


Most frightening base coat ever. Wait, that was two posts back. Lol
 

I can't decide between a dark tail or a two tone tail, thoughts?

Hmmm... VL is dry enough to put another coat on and I wouldn't have to mix the paints.  Plus one for oils.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea for a rose grey Smitten. Despite being just a base coat, the color looks good on her. And I vote two tone tail, much more interesting, plus I've noticed it's rather common in greys so to me they just look wrong without it. I can't wait to see her finished.

Heather said...

Two tone tail it is! I am much too easily swayed. Lol. I need to do some color correction once I get to the oils, but I'm glad that she looks ok so far. Thank you!