Thursday, June 16, 2011

Responsibility and Inspiration

AKA - Damn you muse.

What is it about the dead of night that wakes my muse and demands that I do some sort of artistic expression?  Why does it strike when I should be sleeping instead of at a more appropriate time like any other time of the day.  I should give in to the call (hah, more like a scream at this point) more often, I might actually get things accomplished in a better time frame than my current one.  Which is apparently never for those that are wondering.  Shelves lined naked resins, decapitated bodies, almost finished models, half finished painting and charcoal pieces strewn about my room. 

My dilemma every night is do I be a responsible person and go to sleep at a relatively normal time or do I give in to the muse and create until it's exhausted itself at the usual cost of me being completely non functioning the next day.  This almost always ends with me blocking the muse while not going to bed anyway.  Maybe one day I'll be able to balance my responsibility and inspiration.

Or I'll just stay up late and continue debating it.

Yes, my muse is one creepy, demanding mo-fo. 
I don't know why either.


3 comments:

Jenn Scott said...

Give in....mwhahahahaha

Last Alliance Studios said...

'My dilemma every night is do I be a responsible person and go to sleep at a relatively normal time or do I give in to the muse and create until it's exhausted itself at the usual cost of me being completely non functioning the next day'

Heh, that pretty much sums my 'bedtime' up perfectly!

I love that picture - definitely worth staying up for!

Heather said...

Jenn you are no help at all! I shall blame tonight on you, just so you know. Haha.

And thanks goodness I'm not the only one LAS! I feel a little less crazy already. XD And thank you for the comment on my photo! It's actually part of a series of prints I made a few years ago.