Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Where does the time go?

Holy wow, I can't believe a month has nearly passed since I last posted here.  My bad.  So yeah, here's a few of the things I've got in the studio at the moment.  Well, mostly updates.  Anywho, Nitro is starting to get some color going.  He's fighting me tooth and nail about it, but I will prevail!  (I hope)  So far he's had three layers in oils, but I'm thinking of trying something else.  This will probably end up into the super experimental department and I can already imagine that I might end up stripping him.  Oh well.  The photos are pretty accurate color wise, maybe just a little bit bluer.  (I told you he's fighting me)













Next up is Ebrel's Ahzam.  He's mostly prepped at this point and has a layer of primer too. 









I'm tring to decide what color I want him.  I'm leaning towards a dark dappled liver chestnut with flaxen mane and tail, minimal white.  (of course when I'm looking for the photos all I can find is the Morgan)




Or a fleabit bloody shoulder.  (I have two ideas, this one is more pronounced.  The other is just as big but not as bright in color)





Or a super fleabit grey. 





So many choices.  :)

And now for a new face!  Michelle Platt was haveing a sale on her resins with the donations going to a horse rescue fund and I jumped at the chance!  I got the incredible Alvaro.  I knew he was a large traditional, but my goodness!  He's in the beginning stages of prepping, and I may make a few minimal changes.  I'll think about that later. 













And since I can't believe I forgot to post this, I discovered I had a stowaway when Christine and I went to Pocono Ponies Live last month. 





Looks like Wixom wanted to start her showing career already!  Too bad the judges frown upon open holes in models.   Lol.  Actually, she got quite a few postive comments on her balance and correct conformation (well, from what they could judge so far!)

I think that's about all.  Doesn't seem like much for a month.  Oh!  Right, two new ponies will be coming sometime in January!  I'm quite excited for these two.  One is over 6 years old and still unpainted (impressive for a resin)  and the other sold out fairly recently.  Spetember I think.  But yeah.  I'm thrilled.  :D  Hopefully I'll have some more updates before they come around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you haven't seen him in person, you should check out her Emboldened resin. He is HUGE.