Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to all!

And to all a good... wait, why am I still awake?  That's the thought that crossed my mind about 5 minutes earlier.  I figure I might as well put this "extra time" to good use and updat the blog!  Lol.  Now, as for my guessing game from the previous post, I'll have to wait a bit longer to say exactly who he started as.  Mostly becuase as I went to take new pictures, I decided that the legs were on wrong and pulled them off.  Again.  Don't let me do it again, or else I never get on to the part where I actually get to flesh him out!  Anyways, just a few updates.  One new pony in the studio, and I do mean a pony!  I was pulled in the raffle for the last 30 Chickory's from Lynn Fraley.  What a cute little bugger he is and a nearly perfect casting!  I've never had such a simple prep before.  I want to decide on a color for him soon, since I think he'll be the next one I work on (besides growling at Nitro still).  And as seems to be the story of my life, one model comes in, another one leaves.  Due to a few finacial issues, Ahzam has been sold before I could paint him.  Hopefully in due time I can get another one; he is such a beautiful resin. 

Oy, question and I hope someone has an answer.  Has anyone figured out how to get the metal peg/pole out of a Ruffian?  I am doing a donation piece for a Model Horse Annoymous and wish to remover her from her base but I can't figure out how to remove the metal short of cutting off her leg and rebuilding it.  There has to be a better way right?

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: