Sunday, June 10, 2012

All you need is a little bit of magic..

Once again I blame the Blabbers.  I've fought with the other self hardening sculpts that most customizers use and generally had a dismal time trying to create anything.  Which is why I have not completed a piece in years.  Chopping is easy and fun, arguing with epoxy is not.  So, based on multiple good reviews for Magic Sculp(t) combined with actually seeing some of the results of first time users, I caved and bought some.


Shifu approves!

And the world rejoiced, for it was AWESOME.  What would have taken me days of sculpting, drying, removing, and repeating with my other sculpts took one sitting with Magic Sculp(t).  Once I stopped trying to work it like Apoxie Sculpt, I was off and flying.  I am completely floored by how easy it is to use and highly recommend it!


He's got a butt finally... ha!

In two sittings I managed to just about finish my jumpers tush, allowing time for one side to dry so I wouldn't squish it while working on the other.  I'm good like that.  No I don't have a pic of the other side sadly.  I just can not get my lighting and camera to cooperate.  I can actually see me finishing this guy within the year now.  Maybe.  It's only been five years or so since I started him.

And while waiting for him to dry I played around with more tail ideas in photoshop.  I think this was my favorite so far after my initial posting.  Who knows what I'm going to go with, I still have so much to do on the rest of him before really thinking on hair!  Of course, I also need to decide still if he will end up as an OOAK custom or if I still want to go ahead with a resin run.   Hrrmmm.


Flippy goodness
  

3 comments:

CorrieKing97 said...

I would definitely buy if you made him a resin run! He looks awesome so far. :)
Corrie

Braymere said...

You know I want to own this horse, right?

talkingMongo0se said...

You must finish him so you can post him in orange tack! And do the resin! XD