Thursday, April 22, 2010

Orange you glad

I always get so nervous when I'm pastelling a model. They go through so many phases of ugly before they look even semi decent. And even then, they still look pretty fugly until you finish. I started pastelling one of the working girls from a few days ago not really thinking on what my end color was going to be and without a ref. Real smart. Those first few layers I know are going to look washed out, so it doesn't bother me.
Photobucket

More layers and we get kind of streaky, also mostly normal.
Photobucket

Then you get some colors that makes your eyes burn.  (and don't you love my weird fish that's been making a cameo?)
Photobucket

And eventually end up with an orange pony! Ahh!
Photobucket

Lol. Well after some more layers, she's not as obnoxiously orange but still off.
Photobucket

I have to say that I love how I'm this far into putting color on her and still haven't decided what I want to do with her. With that color I'm thinking it's gonna have to be chestnut though. Maybe she'll be my paint horse. Let's hope I look up a pattern for that part at least.

Note to self.  Must invest in a proper photo booth...

No comments: