Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Technology age

That's it, I've gone and done it now!  I've created a Facebook page for the studio!  I'm hoping that this will help me be more active by allowing me to post more random or in the moment things rather than feeling like I have to compose a (fairly) cohesive blog post.  I know not everyone use Facebook, and I have no intention of isolating readers, so the blog will certainly not be abandoned!

As far as actual work goes, I'm beginning to prep up a storm and trying to narrow in on color choices for everything I plan on painting.  Eventually.

Today I worked on Kitty Cantrell's Nightmare, mostly finishing the prepping and getting a layer of primer on. Nowadays I only really prime my pieces in gray or red depending on what color they are going to be painted. Nightmare here will end up mostly black.


She is such a cool resin. I love the fantasy horses, even if I never plan on getting them in the show ring. I've got a special idea in mind for this piece, but we'll see if I can pull it off. It is way outside my knowledge as a painter. Should be fun!

No comments: