Friday, January 15, 2010

Chopin' up some fun

Well the muse came back with a vengance!  And she said it was time do be a little destructive.  XD  What else could I do but listen?  I decided to get that metal piece out of my Ruffian donation.  Now I just have to rebuild the hoof and sand, sand, sand.  I'm debating redoing the mane and tail as it's supposed to be a portrait of the late Eight Bells and she did not have that much hair.  I'm definately going to adjust the face to make it more feminine too. 



I can not believe how big that rod was!



And Blue got beheaded.  He's going to get a brand new lowered head an neck and so body tweaking.  That's about as far as I 've thought this out though.  Lol


Ok muse, now we need to go on to not so destructive things.  I've got enough bodies around, I need some finished ones!

2 comments:

Braymere said...

Ha! Chopping things up is fun and also so much easier than putting them back together. At this stage, I'm always sure that I've got a champion in the making. It's not until later that I realize that my sculpting talents may not be up to the task at hand...

BTW, I had to adjust my Fly By Wire's hock angles to get him to stand properly without the base. He's still a bit tippy, too, but I think that overall he represents my best customizing efforts to date.

Heather said...

LOL, I always feel the same way. Only I can't count how many I've actually finished recently (because there aren't any!). I get bogged down in the little conformation issues of the original model and never seem to finish. Augh!

I was going to see if I could get in touch with you about your resin CM too. I was wondering why yours was standing so nice and mine wants to put 3 feet on the ground! I have to ask, how did you move the hocks exactly? I usually only CM plastics since I can heat and destroy them to my liking. ;)