Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recovery - 47 days

Aie!  Blog silence is deadly!  It might be summer still, but I've been experiencing a snowball effect of events and stuufs.  I've got plent of photos to cover a few days posts, so fingers crossed that I'll go back to being (moderately) consistent.

First off I hope all those on the East are doing ok after Hurricane Irene came through.  Our yard is backed up against a river, but thankfully it is about 30 feet below us.
Most of that used to be land.
And that was our dock. 

The family and I took a walk down one end of our road to see how the dam/bridge that holds the lake was faring.  Thankfully no one lives down by it.
I swear there is a bridge under there. 
 And then we hoofed it to the other end of the road with the bridge we use to get out to the main road. 

Ummm...I think we're stuck.
There was nearly two feet of water over the bridge itself.  And the trees on the left side of the photo?  That used to be someone's yard.  They were the "proud" owners of a lake on Sunday and Monday.  I didn't get a photo, but they had just emptied their inground pool just a few weeks before the storm to repair it.  The pool was totally filled with lake water.  Yummy. 

The photos were taken on Sunday and the water has receded enough that we can actually get out now.  And I can see our dock.

Sorta.

Thankfully, we haven't had too many issues in my town and most people have their power back.



..............................................................


Brain died.  I completely forgot what I was planning on saying next.  Maybe I'll remember later.



Derp.

No comments: